Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Roy Montgomery - Temple IV (1996)


Damn, haven't listened to this one in a while, and it's even better than I remember. Hypnotically strummed guitars chime away into infinity over warm beds of Moog and grainy feedback. I'm coming out of a few days of school insanity, and this one's doing me right.

Track listing:
1. She Waits on Temple IV
2. Departing the Body
3. The Soul Quietens
4. The Passage of Forms
5. Jaguar Meets Snake
6. Above the Canopy
7. Jaguar Unseen

And now the rain sounds like life is falling down through it

If you like this, here's some more like it:

Hash Jar Tempo - Well Oiled (1997)
Steven R. Smith - Owl (2008)

8 comments:

  1. Thank You very much, Excellent choice. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, sincerely.

    Roy is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greatly appreciate your expansive range. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Just re-upped, enjoy! FYI I do re-ups maybe once a week, and I always wait to publish re-up requests until they're done, otherwise I'll forget about them, so in the future if you make a request and don't see it, that's why.

      Delete
  5. Roy's work on Dadamah's "This is Not a Dream" is otherworldly. 'High Tension House' is an essential winter jam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dunno what yer Montgomery collection is like, but another blog I scope just put a bunch of his stuff up that might interest you! Just to say thanks for putting me onto him, this record is fantastic!

    http://lagrimapsicodelica5.blogspot.com/2023/01/roy-montgomery.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete