Thursday, December 4, 2014

Hot Snakes - Automatic Midnight (2000)


Circa 2014, a lot of post-hardcore from the 90s/early 200s sounds pretty weak to my ears, but not Hot Snakes, man, this shit still kills. They sound kinda like a more melodic Drive Like Jehu (two members of whom formed Hot Snakes after DLJ broke up) stripped of the prog-ish tendencies, leaving behind a beefy, driving, surprisingly catchy core.

Track listing:
1. If Credit's What Matters I'll Take Credit
2. Automatic Midnight
3. No Hands
4. Salton City
5. 10th Planet
6. Light Up the Stars
7. Our Work Fills the Pews
8. Past Lives
9. Mystery Boy
10. Apartment O
11. Let It Come
12. [Hidden Track]

My memory serves me right
History does no disservice to the bottom line

4 comments:

  1. Well, hey, you got Speedo Reis from Rocket from the Crypt aboard. So that's pretty close to a sure thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a band that I've missed the boat on. Gotta look into them

      Delete
  2. After listening to any Hot Snakes album I always want to listen to Rocket From The Crypt "Scream, Dracula, Scream!". -Britt

    ReplyDelete