Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Fleshcrawl - Impurity (1994)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:
Fleshcrawl - Descend into the Absurd (1994)

Impurity is Fleshcrawl's second and IMO best album. The doom leanings that permeated their first album are significantly dialed back, and the production's way punchier, making for a nastier, burlier beast. It's nothing particularly groundbreaking, but it's damn near perfect 90s death metal. Also, there is a Demigod cover.

Track listing:
1. From the Dead to the Living
2. Withering Life
3. Reincarnation
4. Subordinated
5. Disfigured
6. After Obliteration
7. Stiffen Souls
8. Center of Hate
9. Inevitable End
10. Incineration

Rotting beneath
Down on earth
So cold

1 comment:

  1. Thanks man! I enjoyed the debut but somehow missed out on this one back in the day... I think I never heard it. I'm sure I was aware of it being released, because despite the amount of albums released at the time, it's funny to think it was all still pretty simple to keep track of. The terrible cover (typical of mid-90s) may have given me an impression they'd "progressed" like so many other bands... by 1994 things were starting to go downhill and fast.

    Just got a recommendation yesterday from an old friend to check this out, so I'm doing just that!

    ReplyDelete