Friday, October 21, 2022

Devil Doll - The Girl Who Was... Death (1989)


A symphonic horror-prog epic for the ages. A single, 39-minute-long journey through the nightmare dreamscapes of the mysterious Mr. Doctor. I had zero context for this the first time I heard it, and honestly, that might be the best way to go into it, so I'll leave it there. Just know that this is required listening and will be on the exam.

One track: "The Girl Who Was... Death", followed by about 25 minutes of silence, then a cover of the theme from The Prisoner.

If you like this, listen to:

4 comments:

  1. Opinion on his/their other albums? Thank you for your good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've listened to them once each. They're great, but I return to this one way more.

      Delete
  2. Yes, this was great! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete