Thursday, February 25, 2016

Rowland S. Howard - Teenage Snuff Film (1999)


Related:
Crime & the City Solution - The Bride Ship (1989)
These Immortal Souls - I'm Never Gonna Die Again (1992)

Rowland S. Howard's first true solo LP is as perfect a distillation of his gnarled, strung-out, post-punk Americana as any. As with my post on Adolescent Sex by Japan, I'm slightly concerned that this is gonna land me on some FBI watch list, so any government agents out there, please understand that this is not an actual snuff film.

Track listing:
1. Dead Radio
2. Breakdown (And Then...)
3. She Cried
4. I Burnt Your Clothes
5. Exit Everything
6. Silver Chain
7. White Wedding
8. Undone
9. Autoluminescent
10. Sleep Alone

Nodding dogs and valium
Let's make this whole world spin like a top
And then stop


You might also enjoy:
Fade to Black - Corridors of Gender (1984)
Chrysta Bell - This Train (2011)

9 comments:

  1. true fact - some of the lyrics to 'She Cried' were borrowed/nicked by The Horrors in the middle section of 'Who Can Say' on the very excellent Primary Colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found out about this blog! I think I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'She Cried' also seems to have been borrowed/nicked from the file ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing that every artist I find in my recommends on Youtube somehow ends up on your blog as well ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. zippyyyy, oh yeahhhh
    thanxxx
    Lilith

    ReplyDelete