Sunday, November 25, 2018

Xasthur - Nocturnal Poisoning (2002)


Related:
Mord - Imperium Magnum Infernalis (2006)
Xasthur - All Reflections Drained (2009)

Since I posted Leviathan last night, it feels only right to post Xasthur tonight, as I've always seen them as two sides of the same dissonant, suicide-endorsing USBM coin. It's impossible to pick a favorite Xasthur album, as they're pretty much all 10/10s, but generally, I'll go with either this or Telepathic with the Deceased. And sorry for the string of entry-level posts but school has been kicking my ass, so I haven't had time to dig deep.

Track listing:
1. In the Hate of Battle
2. Soul Abduction Ceremony
3. A Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors
4. Black Imperial Blood
5. Legion of Sin and Necromancy
6. A Walk Beyond Utter Blackness
7. Nocturnal Poisoning
8. Forgotten Depths of Nowhere

Stare through the eyes of my mirror master
And the mirror stares back into me


More like this:
I Shalt Become -
In the Falling Snow (2008)
Endless Dismal Moan -
Curse of Underground (2010)

2 comments:

  1. How did you like their "Gothic Country" album? --PC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember when Lil Wayne made a "rock" album? Pretty much the same deal. I love that he's not doing what's expected of him, and following his muse where it takes him, but as far as the actual music is concerned? Pretty, pretty bad. The guitar work is expectedly great, but his vocal delivery is severely lacking.

      Delete