Saturday, July 2, 2016

Obscure Infinity - Putrefying Illusions (2012)


German death metal. What I love about this record -- aside from the fact that it's totally great, old-school-inspired DM with an ample amount of sinister Swedish groove and a touch of lysergic American grossness -- is that it took me over three years to notice the keyboards. I got Putrefying Illusions in 2013, and didn't hear them 'til I listened on headphones last week. They only pop up here and there, and they're really fucking quiet, but I swear, they're there. And because I am a nerd, I love shit like that.

Track listing:
1. Intro
2. Collecting a Disastrous Sun
3. Ascension-Kenosis
4. Solitude
5. Crypts of Damnation
6. Clandestine Yearning
7. Beyond a Burning Sky
8. Putrefying Illusion
9. The Wilting Splendour
10. ... Of Creating and Wasting
11. From the Bleak Spots to Infinity
12. Farewell

Levitation beyond the known
Evisceration of mortal life


You should also listen to:
Trauma -
Imperfect Like a God (2003)
Beyond Mortal Dreams -
From Hell (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment